How To Identify Quartz Stone Countertops? Does Quartz Stone Cabinet Countertops Leak Oil?
The kitchen is a place with heavy oily smoke. Careless cooking will leave oil stains on the countertops. Do not buy countertops that can be easily penetrated by oil. So does the quartz countertops leak oil? How to identify the quartz countertops?
Does quartz countertops leak oil? Do you know how to identify quartz countertops? I believe this is a problem that many consumers are more concerned about. Cabinet countertops are used most frequently in the kitchen. Let me understand the specific situation together with the editor!
Permeability resistance of quartz stone
1. Quartz stone contains a variety of composite materials and ultra-fine quartz powder, forming a microporous structure on the surface of the countertop, with an average water absorption rate of only 0.03%. The high-quality materials ensure that the quartz stone is basically free of penetration.
2. Quartz stone countertops have excellent acid and alkali resistance, and their corrosion resistance is the best among artificial stone. The acid and alkali in daily life are not enough to damage the countertop. Compared with artificial stone, quartz stone is more resistant to acid and alkali.
3. During the production process of quartz stone countertops, according to the principle of "lotus leaf effect", modern bionics technology is used to treat the surface of quartz stone countertops with special processing, which takes into account the two major effects of beauty and hygiene. The surface is compact and non-porous. The unique texture of micro-concave and concave, compared with the traditional rough surface of artificial stone countertops (macro visible concave-convex surface), it is not easy to hide dirt, breed bacteria, and penetrate stains, and it is easier to clean.
4. Quartz stone is mainly mineral color, and has a high resistance to fading. It is difficult to observe the color change with the naked eye without performing local contrast irradiation under strong sunlight all year round. Basically, it can be regarded as a non-fading material.
How to identify quartz stone countertops
1. The most important thing to buy quartz stone is to look at the finish, because the finish represents whether it will absorb color. Inferior quartz stone is very troublesome to absorb color. If you get a little oil, you will not be able to remove it. I will teach you a method, buy a mark Scratch the pen on the quartz stone to see if it can be erased. If you erase it, the color will not be absorbed. If you can't erase it, don't buy it. The quartz stone produced by a regular manufacturer has a spray code on the back. Pay attention to the logo.
2. The quartz stone with good weight is produced by the press with high pressure, and the quartz stone with poor weight is produced by the heavy press. The plate density is higher, so the quartz stone of the same size will be heavier.
3. Scrape the quartz stone with hard objects such as keys. The main component is quartz sand. Quartz sand is also silicon dioxide. The hardness in nature is basically second only to diamonds. If it is a real good quartz stone, there will only be a line after scraping with a key, which is even less obvious after scrubbing. Quartz stone countertops containing calcium powder and other inferior materials will have marks and white powder after being scratched with a key.
4. Quartz stone is resistant to high temperatures due to its own material characteristics. The temperature below 300 degrees Celsius will not have any influence on it, that is, it will not deform and break; because of its large amount of resin, the quartz stone It is particularly prone to deformation and scorching at high temperatures.
5. Soy sauce test, good soy sauce on quartz stone countertops will not bleed for a few days. Inferior quartz stone countertops bleed in one day.
It should be pointed out that the quality of quartz stone is directly related to the content of resin. The higher the content of quartz in the quartz stone, the lower the amount of resin, the better the quality, the closer it is to natural, and the less likely to be deformed. When the content of resin in the quartz stone is greater than 10%, the corresponding technical indicators will drop accordingly. At this time, the quartz stone can no longer be called a real quartz stone.